TP-Link AC750 Computer won't connect. Any ideas?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-20 23:43:24
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I've just purchased a TP-Link AC750 (TL-WR902AC). I want it to work in client mode to connect a Humax TV recorder that needs a wired connection to the internet without a 10 metre wire from my router.

I switched the thing to AP/Rng Ext/Client mode, plugged it in, waited for the lights and then went to my computer to find the network but, whilst he TP network appears in my network list, once I click to switch to it, it says 'No Internet'.

I then tried connecting the TP AC750 to my main router with an ethernet wire. This allowed me to access the network on my computer and go through setup via tplinkwifi.net, but at the end of the process, the wifi button on the TP AC750 flashes constantly and it can't connect.

Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong here? Am I missing out a vital stage?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC750 Computer won't connect. Any ideas?
2020-05-21 18:06:02

@Raching 

When setting the TL-WR902AC in client mode the Wi-Fi is disabled on it, and it will do nothing but provide an internet connection to the LAN port. If you believe you configured the device in client mode, disconnect it from the router and connect a client device such as a computer to test the connection. If that works, then anything that is wired will automatically get a network connection without needing to do any additional configuration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1994

Replies: 1