Deco M5 Mesh, can I add an M9?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-22 16:19:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi, I currently have an M5 Mesh, my main is on my bedroom but the 2nd is getting a weaker signal from the main, total distance may be like 35Ft in L shapped, about 1/4th of the Internet speed on 2 and 3.  My plan is to replace main with an M9 and place an M5 on the begining of the hallway to be in line of sight with 2nd (now 3rd).  Would this be feasible? I've inlcuded a sketch.    

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Mesh, can I add an M9?
2020-05-26 16:00:32

@Juansa 

I would place it in the midpoint in the hallway from the main to Decos two and three, but continue to move it around to find the best place so the beginning of the hallway may work better.

Options
2020-05-29 16:21:25
Thanks, it helped a lot. There is one concrete wall between each device but distance is fairly short. Does the signal on the app which at middle point on both affect performance, latency or speed. How can I get top signal strength on bot slaves?
Options
2020-05-29 22:04:56

@Juansa 

You could actually connect an Ethernet cable between slave nodes to get the best speed between them or run an Ethernet from both sales to the node in the hallway. If you do not want to wire them, then they will look at all available nodes and connect to the best one. It might be the node in the hallway or the other slave node.

Options
2020-05-29 22:10:41

@Tony Thanks!  Also, Can the V2 M5 unit be purchased separately, I believe that having a DC adapter instead of the USB-C will make the emiiting signal stronger on the main?  I have V1 

Options
2020-06-02 14:11:09

@Juansa 

I have not heard about the power adapter affecting the broadcast strength before. I have seen single Deco nodes sold on sites like Amazon.

Options