New User - Owner Looking for answers........

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-24 16:16:01
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Vers: 1.8

Greetings;

A short time ago I purchased the subject TP-Link Mesh Wi Fi units (3 pieces)). When my devices arrived I went on-line (TP-Link.com) looking for User documentation and direction on how to proceed with my setup and installation. A bit of background: my ISP provider is Comcast/Xfinity and I purchased my own Arris Data Modem to Increase performance and speed. My home is a two level condo of about 2200 sq ft and I have had to add Wi Fi Extenders and repeaters in order to get Wi Fi access around the house. Even with additions I could not get a strong or reliable Wi Fi signal in my master bedroom or garage which are the furthest points from my data modem and main Wi Fi sourcepoint. My hope was that the Deco M9 (AC1200 + AV1000 Whole Home Powerline Mesh WiFi System) would give good solid Wi Fi connectivity and strength throughout my home.

A few questions:

1.) Where can I find the best documentation for my TP-Link model-devices?

2.) On first power on the unit SSID had a pre-defined setting, can I change this to something I prefer?

3.) The new Wi Fi / SSID is hidden and does not broadcast. I have added security and passwords, how can I change it to broadcast for visibility?

4.) My master P9 is linked/connected to my Arris data modem via the supplied cable  and the primary port. Are the ports on my subordinate devices live and can they be used for network connectivity without interuption?

Any information or help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you;

Stu....

Stu
Options
1 Reply
Re:New User - Owner Looking for answers........
2020-05-26 20:22:04

@stuahouteX133 

1. Set up videos: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-p9/#video

Manual and FAQs: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-p9/#FAQs

2. With the Deco app you can change the wireless network name. When powering on the Deco units they should be flashing blue, if not, then reset them by holding the reset for 1 second.

3. The Deco will not let you hide both networks or else the Deco units will not be able to talk to each other. In the Deco app go into your Wi-Fi settings.

4. Yes, for the remote Deco units, you can hardwire devices into them for connectivity. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 523

Replies: 1