CPE 210 No Internet Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 13:21:30
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I am using a CPE210 and I am also using Google Wifi Points throughout the house. Im trying to use the CPE 210 to get internet and hook up a camera out in the garage. I currently have it set in client mode, which works for one device. I can hook up my laptop and it works fine with a cable. The problem is if I hook up a router out there Im not sure how to get it hooked up to the same network in the house. When I change the routers ip and subnet information to match that inside the house, I lose connection to the internet. I also tried to use a range extender connected to the tp link cpe210 and as soon as I connect more than one device, the internet stops working. It only seems to work well with one device at a time and Im not experience with these things to know what I might need to change.

Would it be better to use it in something outside of client mode. I tried repeater mode and it doesnt let the internet work either.

Thank you, 

Joe

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE 210 No Internet Access
2020-05-26 21:25:22

@jhayes 

If you are going to use a router you need to figure out how to make the router an access point as well. Contact the router manufacture and tell them you need the router set up to run as an access point and that the DHCP server needs to be disabled on it.

Options
Re:CPE 210 No Internet Access
2020-05-26 22:40:09

@Tony 

Thank you for the reply.

It doesnt have to be a router, just the only problem is if I try to use the cpe210 in any mode except client, i get connected to the network but no internet on any devices. In client mode I get connected but only can connect one device and have internet. If i use a switch and try to connect 2 devices, I will lose internet. Then if I try to connect another device everything connected to the cpe loses internet. In client mode I can at least connect it to a router and give the router the internet and let it spread it out. Im not sure why everything loses internet if I just try using the cpe210 by itself or even with a range extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2770

Replies: 2

Related Articles