Deco M9 plus blocking specific website (false positive)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-26 10:31:07
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,

It seems that the Deco M9 is blocking one specific website (blocked by Trend-micro Anti-virus). It's the website www.action.com. It's being classified as spam. However this is the website of a shop (in the Netherlands). How can I deactivate the blocking? 

Best regards,

JvH

Options
15 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus blocking specific website (false positive)
2020-05-26 22:23:25

@JvH 

There is not a way to allow an exception so you will need to disable the malicious website filter in the HomeCare menu of the app.

Options
2020-05-27 13:15:12

@Tony Thank you for your reply.

What you are saying is to just fully disable the antivirus / malicious website filter? Hopefully not, otherwise what is the point of having this option then in the Deco. Certainly there must be some sort of way to report / disable false positives. The rules seems to be managed by TREND Micro. Isn't there a way in contacting them?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

JvH  

Options
2020-05-28 17:31:15 - last edited 2020-05-29 22:07:34

@JvH 

You can visit TrendMicro here: https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/

Put in the URL and after requesting the result you can request a reclassification below.

Options
2020-05-28 20:43:10

@JvH I had the same problem. Solution is to clear the ssl state in internet options dialog box. Go to Configuration screen and then choose internet options. The tab Content and press clear ssl state button

Options
2020-05-29 06:56:04

@Rattaplan 

OK i take it back. It looked like that was the solution but is isnt. For a couple of moments it worked but then again the same error occurs.

Options
2020-05-29 07:12:35

@Rattaplan Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. Just curious. Where can I find this option? I don't see it in the app or when I log in to the router directly (browser).

Regards,

JvH

Options
2020-05-29 07:20:32

@Tony Thank you for your reply. It however gets more confusing for me.

When entering the adress (www.action.com) on this site it says: SAFE. However when trying to connect to this action.com site it is being blocked. In the log of the app under Anti-virus it says: blocked www.action.com; classification Spam. This is happening for all the devices on which I try to contact this site. When disabling Anti-virus or using an other router the issue is solved. It used to work fine untill recently.

Regards,

JvH

Options
2020-05-29 07:43:27
i, you can find in on your windows pc, configuration screen, internet settings. But i realise that it is not the solutionb after all. Also because you will encounter the same problem when connecting to the site using phone or tablet. indeed the trendMicro site says its safe, but connection is not possible. Maybe its as simple as cleaning the browser and cache files but i doubt it. Cause again that would mean you have to do that on all your internet devices.
Options
2020-05-29 18:31:26

@JvH 

Refresh the database.

Go back into your Deco app, and when looking at the Antivirus screen, look on the bottom and you will see a small blue link for "Tap to refresh". Once the database gets updated you should now be able to go to that site.

Options
2020-05-29 18:59:56

@Tony 

Thnks Tony tbats the solution. Problem solved

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2865

Replies: 15