Archer C4000 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C4000 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C4000 Issues
Archer C4000 Issues
2020-05-28 05:58:43
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ArcherC4000-up-ver1-1-1-P1[20190827-rel78773]_sign_2019-08-28_09.57.28

So I've had the C4000 for about 3 months now. Speed and connectivity is better than what I had before. 

However, a few issues. 

When I reboot the router, the date and time defaults back to 2019 and 1 hour ahead of the current time. It doesn't matter how I have it set, NTP, PC, Manual. It will always go back to 2019 date and wrong time.

Can't get that to stick. 

Because of that, my Traffic monitor doesn't work right. If I correct the date and time, my traffic monitor won't show the graph properly as its always a day ahead. So If I correct the date and time, and it's Monday, my Time monitor graph will start on a Tuesday. I can't see the anything posted on the graph. I can however see the list of devices and what their traffic usage is.

Antivirus is always stuck on updating. It always says your security database is updaing....

It doesn't matter what I have for DNS. Plus nothings blocked, it worked before and now no dice...

Also, can't login to TP-Cloud, it always errors out saying that it cannot connect to TP-Cloud and when I try to register an it just says Oops and a list to make sure that I can reach the site and iternet is working...

Becuase the router is running the latest firmware, I've reinstalled, changed mutlipe combinations of network settings. Configured, reconfigured the router countless ways and still come across the same issue. I'm hoping that the next firmware update addresses these issues.

But any suggestions or help would be appreciated. It's not terrible to not have these things not work. It's more of an annoyance.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C4000 Issues
2020-05-28 15:28:08

@Man_Dog 

Once you correct the time settings, say manually does the Antivirus update and the cloud function work?

Options
2020-05-28 15:53:09

@Tony 

Hey Tony.

Once I correct and save the time settings to the actual time, no it does not work. Same issue.

Options
2020-05-29 17:41:35

@Man_Dog 

Here is what I would try:

-Save the current router configuration by going into System Tools under the Advanced menu.

-Factory default the router by holding the reset for 15 seconds.

-Manually upload the firmware it already has which is the latest one.

-Manually set the time, and also then reboot the router to see if the issue still happens.

If you continue to see it you can contact our support to see what else can possibly be done at that point.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1678

Replies: 3

Related Articles