Clients not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Clients not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Clients not connecting
Clients not connecting
2020-05-28 14:47:24

I have a new R300 range extender on my verizon wireless network using  a FIOS G1100 router. The extender is connected to the network, and the TP-Link app tells me I have good signal strength and location. Llights indicate this as well.  However, I have no clients connected, according to the app, and there are at least three devices within 10 feet of the extender.  The app ltells me my router does not support OneMesh.  Did I purchase an incompatible device, or is there a way to force the connection?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Clients not connecting
2020-05-28 17:00:01

@bbradley 

If you enabled the OneMesh service on the Range Extender this could be the issue.  OneMesh is only compatible with TP-Link Routers equiped with OneMesh as well.  Try turning that off and see if the devices connect.  What you may also need to do is set the extender with an Unique SSID.  This will require you to manually connect to the extender versus a seamless conversion but it will prove if the extender is properly working or not. 

Options
Re:Clients not connecting
2021-07-13 22:56:17

@bbradley did you get a response? What are the clients, are they devices logged in?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1348

Replies: 2

Related Articles