TP Link Archer A7 V5.0 Issues with Internet Disconnection and Orange Light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-28 23:28:14
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

I bought this AC 1750 router 20 days back and configured it properly using the basic set up wizard. A few days back i started having issues with the internet getting disconnected abruptly and the internet light turning orange.  Everytime this happens,. I have done the following troubleshooting steps so far

1: I updated the firmware recently.

2: I have done a factory reset

I noticed that everytime the issue happens, i have to turn off my modem and turn it on back again, after which the internet light on the router turns green and everything starts back for another 24-36 hours.

Its interesting that turning off or rebooting the router does not pick up the internet connection back again. Each time i have to turn off my ISP modem after which things come back to normal.

1: Has anyone encountered this issue before.

2: Could this be the issue with the MAC binding of the modem?

Any guidance is much appreciated

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP Link Archer A7 V5.0 Issues with Internet Disconnection and Orange Light
2020-05-29 03:51:05

@Sidd 

I've had same issue.  Have been running circles with RMA and live chat agents.  Ultimately, they decided the unit was defective and offered warranty replacement.  I hope you're experience is much better than mine.

Options
2020-06-01 16:03:27

@Sidd 

Follow up with your ISP and let them know rebooting the modem restores the internet. Issues with MAC binding are usually seen when you swap an old router with another router where one reboot is enough.

In the meantime, try swapping the Ethernet cable being used. You could also log into your modem, look at the logs for any critical 3 errors which means your internet signal is not strong (for cable modems).

Options
2021-04-10 22:53:20

Bought TP-link archer A7 last year to replace an old linksys router. My experience with TP link router (random disconencts from internet) is so bad that I will switch back to my old router. My advice: Stay away from this TP link router

Options
2021-04-13 00:45:25

@Sidd i have just recently havingn the same issue with my C7 router

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1785

Replies: 4