Brother printers don't work on P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-30 23:59:53
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

4 brother printers on existing network:

HL-5250DN, wired ethernet connection to network

HL-L2370DW, wireless connection

MFC-J430W, wireless connection

MFC-J615W, wired ethernet connection

5250DN printer not showing up in device list in Deco software

All other printers show up on device list

None of the printers work from my main PC (wired  connection).  Neither printing nor scanning functions work.

What steps should I take to make all 4 printers work?  Do I have to remove them from each computer on my network and then add them back, as though they were being installed for the first time?

BTW, all of the other devices (so far, anyway) on my network transferred seamlessly from the old router/extender network to the Deco P9 mesh.  I kept the same SSID & password on the Deco as was on the router.

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Brother printers don't work on P9
2020-06-01 20:20:09

@MBOak 

Check the printer network settings to make sure they are not statically set for any IP address for but DHCP. If the printers are set to grab an IP see what IP they are receiving, and try to ping it on a computer. 

The printers should work when connected directly to your computer, if not grab whichever driver you need in order for them to work. Once they work when directly connected to the computer, connect the printers back to the Deco network.

Options
Re:Brother printers don't work on P9
2020-06-01 21:42:03

@Tony 

Thanks for your reply.

I ultimately got all 4 printers to work, but feel like it should have been easier.

For the print functions, I re-configured the ports to have the changed IP addresses for the new network, since the Deco router uses 192.168.68.xxx instead of 192.168.1.xxx as the old router did (and, as has been noted elsewhere, there's no way to modify the Deco router to use the old addresses).  I think this was due to using static IP addresses for the printers in the old router (but if the Deco software gave me the same level of control I had for the old router, it would have been much easier).

To get the scan functions to work, I ended up uninstalling & re-installing the Brother software that includes the drivers and utilities.

For both processes, this meant making changes to each of the computers that wanted to use the printer and/or scanner.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1293

Replies: 2

Related Articles