Unable to reset Deco M5 via reset button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-31 18:08:13
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392

I switched my Deco M5 units from AP to Router mode but somehow, the units did not switch over properly and I had to recreate the network. I was able to reset two of the three units via the Reset button and set them up to work with the new network. Unfortunately, the third unit will not reset and is stuck with the flashing red LED status. I tried pressing the Reset button for one second, two seconds, holding it down, waiting for 2 minutes after restarting it before resetting, etc. Nothing seems to work - it's as if the button is not connected to the unit internally.

I also ran a port scan for port 80 on my network to see if I could access it via IP and reset it that way, but it is not present on the network.

Is there anything else to try before I RMA the unit?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to reset Deco M5 via reset button
2020-06-01 20:36:50

@Varol 

Odd how it is stuck on the red LED. If the reset is held for an extended amount of time it should stay on yellow or in recovery mode. In recovery mode, you boot the Deco leave it for a couple of minutes, then hold the reset for a couple of seconds, and that snaps it out of it. If you tried rebooting it, then held the reset for 2 seconds, then let go, and still just stays red it may be bad.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5820

Replies: 1

Related Articles