EAP225-Outdoor on existing Wi-Fi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-31 22:34:45
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20190404 Rel.58086

I have an EAP225-Outdoor connected by ethernet cable to my existing network. When I setup the SSID's should I set them the same as the SSID's of the existing network or should they have different ones? I would like to have increased coverage without having to do anything when walking around the yard. 

Thank you

Steve

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225-Outdoor on existing Wi-Fi network
2020-06-01 20:53:33

@KD2OM 

You do not have a true mesh network so how your device acts when all the networks are named the same depends on the device itself. Some devices switch based on signal strength, some switch until they can no longer see the network at all.

If you do not want to have to switch networks manually then you can name everything the same, but if you notice weak signal strengths or random quick network drops it could the network names. I would then make the EAP225 network name different so there would be no confusion for the device on where to connect to.

Options
Re:EAP225-Outdoor on existing Wi-Fi network
2020-06-01 22:00:03

@Tony thank you! 

steve

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1251

Replies: 2

Related Articles