No indicators r lit up on TP-Link WR940N, but wired & wireless r working fine. Speed & range r less.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No indicators r lit up on TP-Link WR940N, but wired & wireless r working fine. Speed & range r less.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-01 15:56:33
Model: AP500  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.19.1 Build 180119 Rel.59618n

Hello,

Hope you and your family members are safe and doing well.

I recently bought the WR940N and was able to configure it successfully. I was able to established both wired and wireless device connections to it. However, No LED is on except for orange/blue LED (for power/internet). I tried reset and reconfiguring the device, but with no success. Is there a way out?

Second issue is that range and speed are lower to compared to my old router - Digisol HR3400. It gave me more range and speed than TP link router. Also, I noticed that it give more importance to upload speed than download speed as compared to Digisol router.

Please advice. I believe, there is technical issue with router itself and thinking of returning.

Regards,

Mayank

Options
1 Reply
Re:No indicators r lit up on TP-Link WR940N, but wired & wireless r working fine. Speed & range r less.
2020-06-01 22:58:57

@mdave 

Check our official website for your router and make sure you are running the latest firmware. There should be other LED lights, what you can do is hold the reset button for 15 seconds to factory default the router. While holding the reset all the LED lights should turn on then off. If no other LED lights turn on then the LEDs may have malfunctioned for the other icons. 

With respect to the signal range and speed, here is a FAQ that may help: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/468/

Options