WiFi Calling Deco Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi Calling Deco Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi Calling Deco Mesh
WiFi Calling Deco Mesh
2020-06-02 17:58:43
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have recently installed the deco mesh and it's working well. However, I can no longer use WiFi calling on my phone. This has only been the case since I installed the mesh. Any ideas? 

Options
8 Reply
Re:WiFi Calling Deco Mesh
2020-06-02 21:32:11

@esanderson80 

Try port forwarding to see if communication is being blocked.

Find the IP address that the phone has, and then forward the ports 500, and 4500, setting protocol to "All".

Here is a FAQ that will show how to do that: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1797/

Options
2020-11-05 13:02:58

@Tony I am really struggling with this, I have followed all instructions but it just doesn't seem to be working for me.

I LOVE my deco but I really need this to work, for my job. Any chance you could provide a little more info!?

Thank you. 

Options
2020-11-06 21:34:22

@Enserr 

With port forwarding, every device or service is different so the first thing to look up is what ports that are used.

Now if the Deco is connected to another router, say your ISP router, then you will also need to do port forwarding on your ISP router too.

For example, say you have the following:

ISP Router > Deco (router mode, by default) > Device (uses port 80)

Deco: forward port 80 for Device

ISP Router, forward port 80 for Deco

So just like how you need to forward ports in the Deco for the device, the same concept, just shift it over, now you need to forward in the ISP Router for the Deco. Within the ISP Router, you will check what IP the Deco got from it, and create port forwarding rules for that IP.

Options
2020-11-11 16:11:25

@Tony 

Hi Tony,

I am using an iPhone 12.

Honestly this is far far beyond any limited knowledge that I have. 

Does this article make any sense for you?: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203609#:~:text=TCP%20port%20443%20is%20used,reach%20APNs%20on%20port%205223.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Josh. 

Options
2020-11-12 18:32:22

@esanderson80 

The article you mention seems like that is with respect to push notifications so the icons you get above your phone.

I looked around and apparently, Apple uses the following ports for Wi-Fi calling:

UDP 500

UDP 4500

You can contact your phone carrier just to confirm.

However, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team (link), and informing them you need to do port forwarding for your phone and reference the two ports above.

Options
2021-02-07 17:11:46

Is there a way to open the external port with forwarding to a signle device. (i.e. multiple cell phones)

Options
2021-02-08 18:46:59

@NetworkGuy149 

If a device was behind the Deco, and you wanted to open that devices port to the internet so multiple devices can connect to it, is done by using the port forwarding guide: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1797/

Options
2021-11-28 21:49:43

@Tony

First, I have installed the Deco x60 with two satellites a couple of months ago. I am very pleased with it.

Once I learned to turn off the 5 Ghz signal when I wanted to connect various switches, I got everything up and running.  

However, today I decided to remove my T-Mobile Cellspot since I had the Deco network working well.. This device uses a wired connection to my router via a switch.

Before removing the cellspot, I had 5 bars, after removing I dropped to two bars.  My phone is a Samsung A32 which is pretty new. I reinstalled the  cellspot and am back to five bars.

Is a mesh system set compatible with wifi calling?

Thanks 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5996

Replies: 8

Related Articles