USB Storage Drive Contents Missing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-02 22:55:17
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190827 rel.78773(5553)

I have an external hard drive plugged into my router via USB.  In the router setup interface, I can see the hard drive (i.e., the drive name and the amount of space), but it doesn't list any folders to share, despite the existence of several folders on the hard drive. Consequently, I can't access the drive through windows explorer.

Troubleshooting so far...

I've turned off the access authentication.

I've tried using another flash drive in the router - it works.

I've tried sharing the drive in question through a laptop connected to the internet - it works.

Other info...

I've previously had this exact configuration and have been able to access the drive.

It stopped working after I unplugged the hard drive from my router and plugged it into my NVIDIA Shield; however, the flash drive mentioned above was also plugged into the NVIDIA shield and it works.

Options
1 Reply
Re:USB Storage Drive Contents Missing
2020-06-03 15:37:11

@cbrown6305 

Test the problem USB drive with both USB connections, when the drive is connected select scan in the USB menu.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 1

Related Articles