Archer C2300 from router to AP mode -> Lost two LAN ports and 2.4ghz wifi is still dropping.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2300 from router to AP mode -> Lost two LAN ports and 2.4ghz wifi is still dropping.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-03 10:21:10
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Question to the Guru's,

For two years I used my C2300 router as second router after my Experiabox (ZTE) router from my ISP without any problem.

I had the ISP router in DMZ mode and the C2300 handled everthing, wifi was excellent so I was a very happy person.

A few weeks ago the 2.4Ghz wifi started to drop every few minutes, very frustrating specially if your music stops playing 
beacuse the Sonos and my IOT systems is loosing the wifi signal. I'll tried changing the wifi channel and the bandwith but without succes.

I'll contacted de TP-Link service desk and they told me that two routers after each other give problems and to solve it
I should put the C2300 in AP modes. Because of my IOT system I was not happy with this anwer but I have changed the C2300 to AP mode.

Connected the C2300 WAN port to a LAN port of my ISP router.

But after changing to AP modethe problem of the 2.4Ghz dropping wifi is still there and two of the LAN ports of the C2300 are not functioning

anymore so I'm really not happy anymore.

The 5Ghz wifi is rock solid and the two functioning lan ports are okay also, so the c2300 is functioning for 50%.

I'm at work so I don't know the firmware version exactly but around christmas last year I'll updated the firmware of the C2300

Can someone help me to fix my problems ?

Thanks in advance.

Proton.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 from router to AP mode -> Lost two LAN ports and 2.4ghz wifi is still dropping.
2020-06-03 17:31:22

@Proton999 

Having two routers connected would not affect the 2.4GHz, only if the ZTE router also has its 2.4GHz enabled, which I would disable the 2.4GHz on the ZTE if that was the case.

Put the router back to router mode to see if the LAN ports come back. Changing modes would not affect the LAN ports so it sounds like the router is beginning to fail.

Like you mentioned check the firmware to make sure it is up to date. If the firmware is up to date try factory resetting by holding the reset for 15 seconds, and leave the setting defaulted and test the router again.

Options
Re:Archer C2300 from router to AP mode -> Lost two LAN ports and 2.4ghz wifi is still dropping.
2020-06-04 10:21:01

@Tony 

Thanks for your response, I'll we try your suggestions when I'm home tognight. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 670

Replies: 2