Parental Controls - Bed Time hours are not accurate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-03 13:06:31

The Bed Time hours are not in sync with the current time. Example: Bed Time is set to 9pm-7am and it works well. Then after a week or so the router acts as if the hours are set to 10pm-8am (it's off by an hour). The time on the router is always correct so I'm not sure why this is happpening. As a workaround I go into the time settings on the router and hit obtain time (which is correct) and that seems to fix the issue temporarily. I have the router set to obtain the time through the internet automatically.I set the time to manual to test and the Bed Time had similare issues.

Aside from this issue, the router is great.

Model: Archer A9 v6.0

Firmware: 1.1.0 Build 20200416 rel.72485(5553)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental Controls - Bed Time hours are not accurate
2020-06-03 17:41:08

@JayBeee 

Have you tried selecting a different time zone that is similar to yours? 

Other then using the default NTP servers have you tried changing to other ones?

Options
2020-06-03 21:12:43

@Tony I'm going to try a different time server. The default one says multilple locations.  I'm going to use one of the ones out of Maryland. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully this will make a difference.

Options
2021-07-10 14:40:34

@JayBeee Sorry, I'm late to the party, but I had this issue too. Support was no help (ticket #263820). After all, how do you show someone that the a device that should have been able to connect at a particular time - after 'Bed Time' setting expired, for instance - was not in fact able to connect? My solution was to turn off DST and set the time zone one hour forward: Eastern time instead of Central time, for example. This somehow resulted in my Archer A9's "Current Time" matching the correct time for my location. Disappointing that TP-Link is unable to even acknowledge that this is an issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1019

Replies: 3