Nano router failed to connect to existing wifi network as client mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 05:04:43
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi all. I recently purchased a WR802N and try to use it as a wifi bridge between my Philips Hue Bridge and my Netgear Orbi wifi router.  I followed TPlink's instructions in quick set up but after the WR802N rebooted, its network LED keeps blinking and cannot connect to my existing network.  I login to my Orbi and cannot see the connection coming from the WR802N.  I am now frustrated and hope someone can help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Nano router failed to connect to existing wifi network as client mode
2020-06-04 16:59:58

@AlexLik 

Are you able the enable the guest network, and only have the 2.4GHz band enabled? Then having the guest network talk to your main network. Then set up the WR802N on the 2.4Ghz only network?

Options
Re:Nano router failed to connect to existing wifi network as client mode
2020-06-05 01:06:44

@Tony Yeah it works after I enabled the guest network but the WR802N is actually connecting to the original Orbi network.  I have also assigned a static IP to WR802N outside the Orbi's DHCP scope.  Not sure which is the true solution.  Anyway, it works now! Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 2