CPE210 and Google WIFI Mesh Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 19:39:03
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has used a CPE210 with Google Wifi Mesh?

Right now my layout is like this:

• DSL Modem in bridge mode
  • Google WIFI Router plugged into DSL Modem
  • Two More Google WIFI points connected to the Google WIFI Router
  • TP Link CPE210 mounted to outside of garage. (around 75-100ft from house)
  • TP Link CPE210 Connected in "Client Mode" to Google WIFI in the house.
  • Old Belkin Router connected to TP Link CPE210 (running as seperate network)

Everything works fine this way, except the router is very old and doesnt put out a strong signal. Connecting the CPE210 to my laptop and running a speedtest though, it does get the full internet download and upload speed that I have.

The layout I would like to have is this:

• DSL Modem in bridge mode
  • Google WIFI Router plugged into DSL Modem
  • Two More Google WIFI points connected to the Google WIFI Router
  • TP Link CPE210 mounted to outside of garage. (around 75-100ft from house)
  • TP Link CPE210 Connected in "Client Mode" to Google WIFI in the house.
  • Another Google WIFI Access Point connected via ethernet to CPE210 (preferably connected as part of the same network or in the same mesh)

Does anyone know if this should work in this way? Or should I set the CPE210 into a different mode. I tried connecting the belkin router as an access point so that everything would be part of the same network, but when I would connect more than one device, all devices connected to the CPE210 and belkin router would lose internet access. Im not sure I had the dns settings and all setup correctly on the CPE210 or the belkin router though.

I tried once to connect the CPE210 in Bridge mode and once in Repeater mode but both times it just went haywire. I could connect devices to it, but no devices had internet access and some times it would just stop working. Or when I would login to the CPE210 in bridge or repeater mode, it would just refresh the page every few seconds and I couldn't make any changes without resetting it via the button on the bottom.

Thank you very much, I am decent with pc's, but not very good at networking. Any help is appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE210 and Google WIFI Mesh Question
2020-06-06 16:10:29

Just wanted to give an update.

I tried connecting the google wifi as an access point to the tp link cpe210 and it will get connected to the other points located in the house but then everything loses internet connection. It seems as though there is an issue with ip addresses maybe being assigned if i hook up an access point or a switch to the CPE210. If i connect my laptop straight to it, it will work fine. Or if i connect the Google Wifi or Belkin router as seperat routers and networks it will also work fine. Im not sure what would cause this or what I'm doing wrong.

For now I just connected the Google Wifi to the Mesh system in the house, stuck in front of the garage door window on a wooden platform and it is working, just not recieving the best of signals. It is working though and still allows me to have everything connected on the same network, without having to have a seperate network for the garage.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1763

Replies: 1

Related Articles