I can't seem to be able to port forward a Minecraft server with my Archer A6 router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I can't seem to be able to port forward a Minecraft server with my Archer A6 router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 20:05:35 - last edited 2020-06-04 22:16:03
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

So I have been trying to port forward my Minecraft server for a week and have tried contacting tech support and I still am unable to fiqure this out.

Some information: I am using a Mac mini. 

I am trying to port forward a minecraft server and nothing is working. I have tried what seems like everything. I saw some places said you needed a static ip so i tries setting my computers ip to static but then the computer would say it was connected to the internet but I couldn't load anything websites or even run the mc server. I have watched multiple videos and non have the same verson i do and I tried going to https://portforward.com/tp-link/archer-c1200/ and that didn't work. I have had multiple friends try to join and none could. I also have started using a website to see if the port is open and they all say it is closed. I tried contacting tech support via email for which I have not gotten a reply yet, even though they said that they would reply in 1 working day(it has been two working days). I have seen on other posts that I may need to downgrade my firmware verson to get it to work. I am just fed up with Tp-link and just want my minecraft server to work. If you need anymore info, please ask.

Options
6 Reply
Re:I can't seem to be able to port forward a Minecraft server with my Archer A6 router.
2020-06-04 23:00:23

@Pugiwi 

I would first start with a DMZ just to see if the router is blocking the traffic or the computer may still be blocking the communication.

Log into the A6, and go to the DMZ section, enter the IP of the Minecraft server and enable this. This is obviously not secure, but only a test to see if that opens the ports. Soon after enabling the DMZ, test the ports you wanted open to see if it now works. If not, then the server or computer may be blocking communication or the settings need to be double-checked. Make sure to disable the DMZ server when you are done. 

The ideal setup is the do the port forwarding like you were trying to do, but the DMZ test is to see if the router is blocking the traffic.

Options
Re:I can't seem to be able to port forward a Minecraft server with my Archer A6 router.
2020-06-05 04:12:36 - last edited 2020-06-05 04:58:11

@Tony 

Do I need a static ip or will a dynamic one work? Do I need to downgrade any firmware? Does my modem have anything to do with the reason it is not working?

Options
2020-06-05 23:22:32

@Pugiwi 

Assign a static IP to the server outside the DHCP scope of the router.

No need to touch the firmware of the TP-Link router.

If your modem is also a router it can block outside connection.

Options
2020-06-05 23:53:48 - last edited 2020-06-05 23:58:35

@Tony 

Ok so my modem is a combo but the router part should be turned off but would it still block things?

Options
2020-06-06 02:20:53

I got it figured out. Turns out I had to tinker with my modem and the ports are now open. Thank you for all your help.

Options
2021-06-15 17:34:03

@Pugiwi i dont know if you are still active, but could you please describe how did you do it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3394

Replies: 6