M4 Deco to TL-R600VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M4 Deco to TL-R600VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M4 Deco to TL-R600VPN
M4 Deco to TL-R600VPN
2020-06-04 21:41:30

I am trying to link my Deco M4 Ac1200 base unit to a TP Link TL-R600VPN router...so far no luck - I have port two configured as 'wan' but the deco does not recognize the internet...cable modem connected to port 1 (wan by default) ...my LAN is connected on the last port on the router via a TP Link 24 port unmanaged switch. Everything on the switch works  fine...has internet etc. The DECO directly connected to the modem works fine too...so the ports are fine on the deco. The deco connected to any other router port goes out to lunch and stays there. Red light on the top and no connection. 

For now I am back on my default config which is the modem directly plugged into the deco and the switch plugged into port two of the deco. That config works fine although I am having issues with video playback (previously flawless). I can live with that for now. 

Not a happy camper - phone support for home was unable to help and directed me to business support. I spent over an hour on hold with them and I dont have that kind of time to be honest. 

Any help appreciated...if I can get this resolved then I'm nearly back to where I was before Comcast screwed up my original connection. 

On that score as an aside...I had an arris router/modem working flawlessly until comcast dropped signal strength to the point that the unit can no longer maintain a stable connection. The connection meets comcast specs for signal strength which is unfortunately BELOW the minimum strength of the modem...result...everyone pointing fingers at everyone else. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:M4 Deco to TL-R600VPN
2020-06-05 16:24:59

@scotsman 

Have you tried to DMZ the M4 to see if the SMB router may be blocking anything? Or is an IP getting to the M4 at all?

Options
Re:M4 Deco to TL-R600VPN
2020-06-05 16:51:14 - last edited 2020-06-05 16:52:22

@scotsman 

May have gotten it resolved by simply putting the m4 base unit into access point mode and leaving the R600 port configured as LAN. That appears to be working now as it should after a network restart. All working perfectly now.

Deco users need to be sure the have their base unit in a reachable configuration....put the unit into access mode...and restart their network. Deco will function fine after doing that at least with this router 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 2