Wireless Router Archer C58HP 2.4GHz radio is extremely slow - intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-05 18:09:29
Model: Archer C58HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20180717 Rel. 74530

Hello,

I bought this router a couple of months ago, and I like it. However, most of the times, the speed on the 2.4 radio is really slow (1Mbps), while on my 5.0 radio it is sky-rocketing 50 Mbps, which is what I would expect. I know that it is an issue with 2.4 radio because once I switch to the 5 radio, the speed is normal again. Once I switch back to 2.4, the speed drops again.

I have tried to reboot the router when the issue is faced, but it remains the same.

The firmware is latest from the website.

I would suspect an interferer could cause this issue, but I don't seem to find any. The previous wireless router had been there for years (2.4 GHz only), and I never once faced such issue (different vendor).

Please help, as I need to have 2.4 radio becuase some of my devices have 2.4 radios only. Also, I need to have radio 2.4 GHz for its range, as it has more area coverage than 5 GHz. I have paid around 100$ for it, and I would like for it to function normally.

Appreaciate your support, and I would be ready to test anything you might suggest to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Ala

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless Router Archer C58HP 2.4GHz radio is extremely slow - intermittently
2020-06-05 22:15:43

@AlaShehadeh 

Generally what you want to modify is the wireless channel and channel width to see if you get better performance. You should find that in Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings.

Make sure to test with other wireless devices to make sure it is the router and not the device being used.

If you still have a slot 2.4GHz network, I would recommend reaching out to our support.

Options