Router randomly gets a blinking orange light then I lose wired and wireless connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router randomly gets a blinking orange light then I lose wired and wireless connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-09 08:34:16
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

Hello.

This problem just started a few hours ago.

The router will suddenly get a blinking orange light and I lose my wired and wireless connection.

Then it starts working 10 or so minutes later.

I'd appreciate a solution.  Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router randomly gets a blinking orange light then I lose wired and wireless connection
2020-06-09 21:06:08

@botam 

Orange light from the router means whatever is giving the router internet is no longer doing that. So in this case start with the modem as for some reason it stops giving the router an internet connection. It may be worth checking the error logs in the modem to see if that may give a clue.

Options
Re:Router randomly gets a blinking orange light then I lose wired and wireless connection
2020-06-11 05:48:45 - last edited 2020-06-11 05:58:00

@Tony I tried connecting directly to the modem but the problem didn't get fixed.

How do I view the logs of my modem?  I'm on Verizon and using their ONT/modem but a TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750) router.

Options
2020-06-11 16:00:47

@botam 

Since you have an ONT get a hold of the ISP so they can view the logs around the time the router went amber, maybe power cuts out? If they see nothing at all, swap the Ethernet cable the router uses to the ONT. If the issue keeps happening the WAN port may have an issue. Swapping the A7 for another router temporarily would also confirm if it is the WAN port.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 14737

Replies: 3