Solid Red Signal on Deco Towers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-09 14:21:11
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We recently switched from range extenders to the Deco mesh system.  It was working properly until yesterday morning when all 4 towers were solid red and would not connect to the internet.  I tried rebooting everything incuding the modem, even wnet back to factory settings on the decos, and did a web chat with TP support, but after the app recognized the deco in the set up process, I got a message that said the deco was not properly connected to the internet.  Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?  Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Solid Red Signal on Deco Towers
2020-06-09 21:19:09

@MichV 

All the slave Deco units rely on the main Deco unit. Mainly when it comes to an internet connection so the slaves can daisy chain to each other, but if the main Deco is no longer giving internet, then everything goes red (no internet). 

Focus on the main Deco to see if the LED is red, if so then the modem is not giving an internet connection. Leave the Deco unit on, and only reboot the modem to see if that restores the internet to the Deco.

If the Deco is green, but the slaves are red, move the red Decos closer to the main Deco as they could be too far.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1167

Replies: 1

Related Articles