Older TP Link Router Model TL-WR940N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-09 15:27:31
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 151203 Rel.35090n

I have recently discovered that there is some TVs and other equipment that is in my network. I would like to blacklist them/or prevent them from getting in my network. I have done the following: 

I want to: Block or allow specific client devices to access my network (via wired or wireless).

1. Log in to the web-based interface of the router. ...
  2. Go to Advanced > Security > Access Control.
  3. Enable Access Control
  4. Select the access mode to either block (recommended) or allow the device(s) in the list.

To block specific device(s)

1) Select Blacklist and click Save.

But to my surprise, there is no Blacklist there.

Is there another way to Block or Blacklist an IP address or device?

Thank you for your help. 

Sincerely, Palomar_Wolf
Options
4 Reply
Re:Older TP Link Router Model TL-WR940N
2020-06-10 21:18:28

@Palomar_Wolf 

Those TVs may be apart of your ISP service. Contact your ISP and let them know to make sure you do not cause any harm to your network

If the devices are showing as be wired devices then that is not a problem. If they are connected wirelessly then use wireless MAC filtering to block connections (Wireless > Wireless MAC Filtering).

Options
2020-06-11 04:56:33

@Tony thank you for your reply.

I have already MAC filtered. It is still showing in my network.

It is a Panasonic TV, I have an Emerson hardwired to router. I do have a Visio tv, but it is not hooked up at all. Just a spare in the upstairs, not even plugged in.

Our router is a few tears old, and where we live fog and wind plays with the internet on a regular basis.

It is driving me crazy knowing this TV is in our network and so far I can't seem to get it out.

Do you know anything about the TP-Link booster? If it is any good or works well in forested areas?

Thank you again for the reply. I appreciate it very much.

Sincerely, 

Heather

Sincerely, Palomar_Wolf
Options
2020-06-11 15:52:03

@Palomar_Wolf 

The router is probably just showing a previously connected device since it was connected before. 

The performance or range of extenders varies depending on how many obstacles are around so in a forest, probably not that well due to all the trees.

Options
2020-06-12 13:47:45

@Tony Thank you.

Sincerely, Palomar_Wolf
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1176

Replies: 4

Related Articles