WiFi calls drop on AX1500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-09 18:23:51
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20200301 Rel. 85200(5553)

I just purchased the AX1500 two days ago and it's night and day compared to our old router!  The speed difference is amazing and has taken care of all of our connection issues except for one.  I can make and receive calls over Wi-Fi but after about two or three seconds the call drops.  It's happened on every call since the new router was installed.  I can see the incoming call, swipe to answer but I cannot hear anything on the other end.  Same with outgoing calls. I can dial out, the other phone will ring but when I answer on the other line the Wi-Fi call drops.  I've set up port forwarding and port triggering on ports 500 and 5000 (not sure which one since other threads said one or the other).  Our house is a deadzone for cell service so I need the Wi-Fi calling.

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:WiFi calls drop on AX1500
2020-06-10 21:44:52 - last edited 2020-06-10 21:45:11

@rpach2301 

Have you tested with other phones to see if the same thing happens?

Try going into the QoS menu and setting the phone as a priority. If you already have devices set as priority, remove them.

Options
Re:WiFi calls drop on AX1500
2021-01-28 19:53:57

@rpach2301 If you had a previous router then upgraded to this one then I would turn off your modem for a couple minutes and once it is fully rebooted and connected to your ISP then turn on the Wifi router and ensure it's fully functioning.  I would also get into your cell phone(s) you are having issues with and find RESET NETWORK SETTINGS and do such.  The only problem is having to reconnect to wireless printers, bluetooth connections, etc but it's fixed many issues of wifi connection dropping, calls dropping, etc but I have read dreadful things about selecting the QOS option because on this router you cannot really prioritize a certain function and only the device - I had a Netgear Nighthawk that I could actually put calls, streaming tv, etc at a higher priority for bandwith but this one is either all or nothing.  

Good luck

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1017

Replies: 2