Ethernet Backhaul not working on the Deco P9s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-10 15:59:03
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I have 2 Deco P9's spread throughout my 3500 SFT house and 1 Deco p9 in my office that is detached from the house.

I have ethernet cable dropped in all 3 spots.

My main Deco in the middle of the house is connected via ethernet to our Spectrum router.

My office access point is connected via ethernet and does confirm that in the app.  My office is not close enough to pick up the powerline or mesh from the other access point.

My other access point is placed in a dead spot in the house to push the signal.  It is connected via ethernet however the app does not confirm that nor do the speeds confirm that.  

It seems as tho it's close enough for powerline/mesh so it won't accept the ethernet backhaul.

I'm setup in access point mode.  In router mode, ethernet wouldn't work on any of the routers.

TLDR;  One of my access points (P9) is not confirming ethernet connection nor showing the speeds it should.  Can I force ethernet backhaul on that unit?  Anything else I can?  I'm sending these back if I can't take advantage of ethernet backhaul on all the units.

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul not working on the Deco P9s
2020-06-11 17:00:55

@meshman44 

The Deco will prioritize the wired connection over the Wi-Fi. Take one of the P9s to the same room of the main P9, and just plug in the power. Wait until the LED goes green, when it does, connect an Ethernet cable from the slave P9 to the main P9. The LED should change red then back to green. If it does, then it recognized and connected via Ethernet. 

In the app it probably does not have the update for it to see the connection type. If it did then the signal source will indicate that (tap on the globe icon, then tap a deco in the app). 

If you tape the P9 back to where you want it, wait for it to turn gree, if you connect the Ethernet cable and do not see the same LED pattern, then that cable is not passing the connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1332

Replies: 1