2nd Deco as main

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2nd Deco as main

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2nd Deco as main
2nd Deco as main
2020-06-11 11:57:07
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I current have a 3x Deco system with 2x M9 units and 1x M5 unit. Currently I have the in the following setup:

Fibre ONT -- M9 (Main)  -> M9 -> M5

Due to the way the cabling is re-done at my house, I want to change the order now so that the chain will (physically look like):

Fibre ONT -- M5 -- M9 -> M9

With this option, is it possible to still run the 2nd Deco in chain (e.g. the M9) as the 'main deco' despte the fact that the M5 will now sit closest to the ONT? Or is the only option now to run the M5 as the new main as this is the unit that is connected to the WAN source?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:2nd Deco as main
2020-06-11 18:48:56

@atlantis 

What will happen is the app will notice the main Deco is no longer connected to the modem, and will request you designate a new Deco as the main Deco (the M5). I do not think you will be able to have the setup you wanted, and will need to have the M5 as the main Deco unit.

Options