loss of connectivity with deco units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-14 05:00:17
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190917

I recently purchased 2 deco E4 routers. Irrespective of the settings whether in router mode or access mode I seem to have issues connecting to the routers. Sometimes the main unit startsblinking red, sometimes the 2nd unit blinks red. Sometimes some devices say that the password is incorrect though it is correct. Sometimes the signal is good but I am unable to obtain IP address.

I have tried everything including rebooting/ forgetting the units/ removing and rejsetting up of the units but each time there is a different problem. Firmware is upto date.

Can anyone help with the problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:loss of connectivity with deco units
2020-06-15 21:45:05

@krisdeek 

Disconnect the second Deco and focus on the one unit. If the LED is red, then the modem is not giving the internet.

If the LED light is normal the entire time but continues to get all the other issues, factory default the unit and set it up again, and test. If you are getting no more issues, power on the second unit, default it, and add it back to your mesh network.

If you still get issues from the one node, swap that with the second Deco node and make that the main Deco and see how the network behaves.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 1

Related Articles