HS210 -- weird issue with indicator light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-15 13:04:03
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

The past two mornings I have experienced some strange activity with one of my HS210s. It is functioning correctly as far as turning the load (six can-light LEDs) on and off when I hit it. However, the indicator light (the round white one) seems to have a mind of its own. It's just blinking, seemingly at random intervals (there's not even a rhythm to it, just random intervals). This switch was installed over a month ago and this is the first time I've seen anything like this happen. Weird thing is it's done it right around the same time each of the two days and then after that, I can't reproduce the problem again throughout the rest of the day.

- I double checked the wiring just in case. It's correct, and it's solid.

- This switch is installed in a 4-gang bank with three other switches, two of which are TP-Links (HS200). Those all work fine, no funkiness with the indicator light. All four of the switches are connected to the same neutral and ground connection.

- I can control the HS210 with the app just fine, and the app doesn't reflect any weirdness on the corresponding indicator when this is happening.

I probably should have tried to capture a video of this or something. Anyone ever seen anything like this? Is it maybe just a bad switch? I'm just outside of the return period with Amazon so, I'd need TP-Link to send me a replacement if that's the case I guess.

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS210 -- weird issue with indicator light
2020-06-16 18:42:31 - last edited 2020-06-16 18:42:42

@mgudites 

I would grab a video like you mentioned and reach out to our support to see what they can do for you.

Options
Re:HS210 -- weird issue with indicator light
2020-06-21 13:10:27 - last edited 2020-06-21 13:10:44

@Tony I just put in a support ticket, but here's a video demonstrating what's going on. Watch the second switch from the left. You'll see me turn it on and off a handful of times, and, the indicator light weirdness.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0VSWEfk5qglUmLmp8vRAZPPwg#IMG_3849_(1)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 666

Replies: 2

Related Articles