Archer A7 v5.0 does not automatically reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-15 22:14:38
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

Hello.

I have Verizon Fios with my Archer A7. My internet disconnects (ONT) for a brief moment (a few seconds), I'm guessing it re-assigns IP since I'm using dynamic, but my router (A7) fails to reconnect automatically and I have to reboot it. Can anyone help me please.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer A7 v5.0 does not automatically reconnect
2020-06-16 22:01:18

@BrownSugarBoba 

If you were to either disconnect the Ethernet cable from the TP-Link and reconnect it or log into the Archer A7 and renew the IP does it get the IP address? 

Is rebooting the router the only way to get internet back to the A7?

Options
2020-06-16 23:33:53

@Tony Hello. Yes, I just tried both disconnecting the Ethernet cable from the TP-Link and renewing IP address, they both get the IP address. However, this is the same as rebooting the router. I need to find out why it does not automatically reconnect. My ONT does automatically reconnect to Verizon Fios after a few seconds.

Options
2020-06-18 18:21:03

@BrownSugarBoba 

What is the model number of your ONT box?

When the ONT box loses the internet and comes back again, what is the status of the internet light on the A7? Is it amber or green? While the issue is happening do not reconnect the cable or renew or reboot. Log in to the router and go to Advanced > Status, please provide a screenshot of that.

Please also go to Advanced > System Tools > System logs, and export the logs.

You could DM me a link to both files if you would like.

Options
2020-06-18 22:22:35

@Tony I can't find the model number of my ONT, it was installed this year, March, and the battery is zip-tied on the bottom which I assume is where the serial numbers and model numbers are located.

The status light is amber.

This does not happen often, iirc, the last time this happened before this post was last month, and it feels like it happens every month.

Options
2020-06-19 18:58:53

@BrownSugarBoba 

I just got word that the A7 uses the DNS servers to determine if there is internet. So what you can possibly do is to configure different servers to see if that may help rather then the DNS server you are using now.

You could probably google search public DNS servers or use Googles:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Options
2020-06-19 20:26:39

@Tony Okay, I changed the DNS on my A7 to Google ones. Hopefully it works out. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 681

Replies: 6