TP Link M9 Plus speed ( Fake ??? )

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 18:11:02
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 202000324

Hi Support, I bought three Deco M9 Plus for my home with the hope that my Wifi speed would improve. But on the contrary, my Wifi is 2x slower then a cheap wifi modem that was provided by the internet provider. My wifi speed was first 100mb/s and with the Deco M9 it dropped to 30mb/s. The Deco M9 is in the living room directed connected to the wall with a 1GB connection to my modem. The notebook that I'am using is about 3 meters from the M9. I tried everything but can't get the wifi better. It seems that a lot of people has the same problem. But TP-Link is running about and not giving a real solution.

If you use the app to test the connection I get 200mb/s down and 200mb/s up. But that is not at all right.

Did we get tricked, and bought a product that is not working ???

I hope I get a real solution form TP-Link.......waiting for a reply !

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link M9 Plus speed ( Fake ??? )
2020-06-18 22:03:51

@Ashvin 

What is your network topology? Is the modem also a router, what do you have wired to that?

You mentioned the Deco is connected to an Ethernet cable to the wall, where does that cable go to? Does it go to the ISP modem or does it first go to a network switch then to the modem? If it connects to a switch is anything else wired to the switch?

Connect your smartphone and other wireless devices. Are you seeing the same performance or is the slowdown only been seen on the laptop?

Disconnect the Deco from the cable that you mentioned is supplying 1 GB and connect your laptop to that cable, what speed do you get?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 760

Replies: 1