Wireless Printing and laptops not talking to each other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-19 17:24:59
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Background: The Deco M5 runs at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. It broadcasts under one name.

Problem: When my laptop connects to the Deco it connects at 5 GHz. When my new wireless printer connects to the Deco, it can't connect at 5 GHz and will only connect at 2.4 GHz. This means that my laptop cannot see the printer although the printer is perfectly happy with the wifi.

TL:DR - The printer and the laptop are on different wifi speeds on the same Deco. How can I fix it so the laptop can see the printer?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless Printing and laptops not talking to each other
2020-06-19 22:58:59

@mbirgen 

Something else is probably getting in the way. Even though both devices are on different bands they are still on the router so they should have no problem seeing each other.

Make sure neither device is connecting to the Deco guest network if you have that enabled. Also, make sure both devices can be seen in the Deco app as connected devices. If one of them is not seen in the app, then that device network connection may be set for a static IP, set that for DHCP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 1