iPad suddenly not connecting to internet anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-20 06:46:27
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

My iPad, running latest iOS, suddenly didn't want to connect to the internet anymore. It connected to WiFi, got valid IP, but no browser or data flowing. it worked a few days ago, and now suddenly stopped. 

I've got an Archer VR600 and 3 Deco M5 (latest software updated) points. I tried connecting to all, but no luck. I tried connecting to the router directly (5GHz network) and my old Apple Express, no luck. I tried connecting to my phone's hotspot, and that worked fine.... strangely enough! 

on the iPad; I rebooted, I reset the network settings and as last resort I reset the entire iPad. But it's still not connecting (when trying to restore backup from cloud). 
on the Archer, I see the iPad connected to a mesh point. 

anybody got any suggestion or idea? Would be waste to throw away a perfectly good iPad because of this. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:iPad suddenly not connecting to internet anymore
2020-06-22 22:53:09 - last edited 2020-06-22 22:53:17

@BNL31 

Change the Deco network name and password to something completely different that you never connected to, and make sure the password is not complex.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1457

Replies: 1