2FA - Urgent, Data should remain private, current method is vulnerable with brute force

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2FA - Urgent, Data should remain private, current method is vulnerable with brute force

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-21 20:57:40 - last edited 2020-06-21 21:22:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Urgent and with high demand, is tplink going to ensure my data arent shared with 3rd parties through their app with no 2fa?

If so and if somehow, someone accesses my account, they can see everything i have on my house connected, are you seriously that poor in customer support that you cant provide a simple and basic 2fa solution? Im a dev myself and i know its not that much of an effort.

This is pathetic.

Im returning this equipment if this Big security flaw continues.

Options
2 Reply
Re:2FA - Urgent, Data should remain private, current method is vulnerable with brute force
2020-07-18 13:14:59

@MiguelC2209 TP-Link will NOT implement 2FA.  The time that has passed since consumers started raising this is back to 2019.  They only reason its not done yet, is because they don't want it done - Very simple.  If you use cameras from this company, you don't care about privacy or security.  Dump them and go with something secure.  Also watch where your cloud data lands, you need to protect the entire data stream in motion and at rest, with encryption.

Options
Re:2FA - Urgent, Data should remain private, current method is vulnerable with brute force
2020-11-02 15:22:33

I just received my Deco M9 Plus and following the instructions to download the application and create a TP Link account. To my shocking surprise you do not offer  Two-Factor Authentication on my account. The security of my account is as strong as the password I set, which nowadays is considered very very weak. I have so many devices and smart home IOT connected this this account. 2FA is industry standards nowadays. Is not optional anymore and I cannot believe my eyes I am reading the forum moderators in other posts that this is not a feature which you are considering. 2020 for god's sake!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1102

Replies: 2