M9: Is the Web UI available in AP mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-21 23:33:03
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm using my M9 Plus in AP mode. Is there a way to access the M9 via Web UI? I tried accessing the IP address of various units via my laptop and web browser, but nothing seems to load. 

Does the device become mobile app online in AP mode?

Options
5 Reply
Re:M9: Is the Web UI available in AP mode?
2020-06-23 19:57:55

@busybee 

Yes, the web GUI is still available. What will change is the IP address that you will reference. When the Deco changes to AP Mode the IP will no longer be 192.168.68.1, it will change to whatever IP gets from the main router. If you log into the main router, look at the connected devices, and you should see the IP assigned. 

Options
2020-06-24 07:15:11

@Tony 

Tony wrote

@busybee 

Yes, the web GUI is still available. What will change is the IP address that you will reference. When the Deco changes to AP Mode the IP will no longer be 192.168.68.1, it will change to whatever IP gets from the main router. If you log into the main router, look at the connected devices, and you should see the IP assigned. 

I looked up the new IP addresses

1: 192.168.1.179
2: 192.168.1.183
3: 192.168.1.181

I confirmed that they were still valid by pinging them. However, I could not go to http://192.168.1.179

I also ran a port scanner and found that port 80 was not open.

Thoughts on what I could do next?

Options
2020-06-24 17:44:50

@busybee 

Switch the Deco to router mode, and test the GUI, just to make sure the computer is capable of getting to the GUI. If not use a smartphone and use the smartphones browser just to test.

Focus on the IP of the Deco that is wired to the router.

When switching to AP, look at the MAC of main Deco and use the IP it gets from the router to test the GUI again.

Options
2020-06-26 14:46:37

@busybee 

Hi, 

You have not mentioned what hardware version M9 are you using. . 

I recently got mine and is a V2 version. Lack of GUI and capabilities bothered me as well. Then I got this forum. 

V2 seems to be the red headed step child with no firmware updates and fewer features than the older models. 

V1 has a more advanced firmware and supports Web UI.

If your device is still in returnable period - use the opportunity. 

Hope this helps. 

Options
2020-06-28 05:42:02

I guess it is the v2. I just got it from costco. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 804

Replies: 5

Related Articles