Votes

Feature Request Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Feature Request Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Feature Request Routers
Feature Request Routers
2020-06-22 22:29:14
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

2 General Feature Requests

This past weekend I had 20 log file enteries that I had never seen before. I thought maybe my router had been hacked via one the connected devices as remote management was turned off. I have a smart home with 25+ devices. When I looked at the DHCP list there were a bunch that had no client name. So I spent a bunch of time trying to connect the MAC address to the acutal device. I then edited the client name on the router and wanted to create a spreadsheet with that data. The only way I could do that was to save the page to a pdf file and then copy & paste it inyo an Excel sheet, and then spit the text rows into columns. Also to get the lsit of ALL of the Reserved IP address I had to do it a couple of more times because your page only shows 8 entries at a time and i have 15, none of which are always connected.

So I have two feature requests: 

1,The ability to either export the Address Reservation and Client lists from the DHCP servier page to a text file or print it as a single list. 

2. Accept and save new Client Names so that they are not lost when the DHCP lease is renewed.

I am allowed to edit the Client name (Basic Tab/client list), but it is lost when the DHCP lease is renewed. For example, I have 5 tp-link smart plugs and switches. i edit the name on the router to match the name in the KASA app, but when I reboot the router it just pulls in HS105, instead of Living Room Light. 

Can you create a litle database that connects MAC addresses to the last Device name created on the router? Whenever, the DHCP is activated it compares the MAC address against the database and pulls the device name in from the database. Otherwise, eliminate the ability to edit the client name and save us rookies some time and frustration.

Thanks for your time.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Feature Request Routers
2020-06-23 22:16:11

@tomscot2 

Thank you for taking the time to detail your feature request.

These suggestions will be forwarded to our devs for consideration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.