How to configure the tp-link router | Now configure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-24 14:38:27

How to configure the tp-link router
Have you purchased your first TP-Link router and want to configure it properly?

Never mind, I assure you that you came to the right place at the right time. Below you will find a guide - I hope to be very clear and comprehensive on how to configure TP-Link router: try to read it and you will be able to clear all your doubts on the subject.

In addition to all the steps involved in the device's first configuration (connection parameters, wireless network features, etc.), in this guide, you'll find very detailed instructions on how to open and change router doors.

How to protect access to Fi password and TP-Link management panel.

Let me assure you that it is much simpler than you might think. Take courage, take five minutes of free time, and try to implement the instructions that I will give you.

Note: The tutorial you are reading has been created using TP-Link Archer D7 (one of the best-selling TP-Link modems/routers in recent months), but the instructions in it are also similar to many other modems. It must be valid for enjoying reading!

TP-Link router initial configuration

1. To set up the TP-Link router, you need to take the first step to connect the device to the power supply and the Internet line.
  2. Then insert the power supply cable into the Internet / WAN port in the power port and Internet connection cable of the router, then take the Ethernet cable and physically connect the router to the computer. The Ethernet cable can be plugged into any port with a number located on the back of the router.
  3. If your computer does not have an Ethernet port, or in any case, the router is located a long distance from the PC, you can also perform the initial configuration of the device via a wireless network. Check to access the name of the default wireless network and credentials in the modem/router manual.
  4. Now you are ready to go into action. So check that your modem/router is on, connect the computer to the device using an Ethernet cable (recommended) or Wi-Fi, and use the TP-Link management panel.
Options