Unreachable local network device (Sonos speaker) on Deco mesh when connected to other Deco node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unreachable local network device (Sonos speaker) on Deco mesh when connected to other Deco node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-24 17:13:32 - last edited 2020-06-24 17:49:00
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello!

I have a problem with access through a local network to one of my devices, Sonos Move smart speaker. The speaker works and gets Internet connection, because it plays music from Spotify, so there is no problem with Internet access from the speaker itself. 

The problem is to access the speaker from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10) when my phone is connected to another Deco node than the speaker. 

I have a 4G modem which acts as a router and Deco M4 set up in the access point mode. I also have one additional extender device M3W, the Move is connected to that M3W extender. 

When my phone is connected to the same M3W extender, everything works perfectly, but when I move to the place with the main M4 access point, the link to the Move speaker drops, I'm unable to control it from the phone. I'm also unable to open the tech support page of the speaker located at http://192.168.8.178:1400/support/review

However when I move to the M3W access point, then connection to the Move speaker restores and above mentioned URL is also working correctly. 

It is a bit annoying, please advice on what could be done?

Just checked from another phone - Samsung Galaxy S20 and it works, so the problem seems to be related to my S10 phone only. Very strange.

Thanks. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unreachable local network device (Sonos speaker) on Deco mesh when connected to other Deco node
2020-06-24 21:03:45

@Alexey777 

Have you tried statically assigning a static IP on the problem phone?

Another thing I remember is that on Android 10 it introduces a feature where it randomizes the MAC address. Try and disable that to see if that may be causing issues.

I think this may be the procedure how:

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Select Network and Internet.
  3. Select WiFi.
  4. Connect to the UT wireless network (UT Open or EDUROAM)
  5. Tap the gear icon next to the current wifi connection.
  6. Select Advanced.
  7. Select Privacy.
  8. Select "Use device MAC"
Options
Re:Unreachable local network device (Sonos speaker) on Deco mesh when connected to other Deco node
2020-06-25 18:01:53

@Tony Thank you for your reply! 

I've turned off random MAC in my WiFi settings on the phone and I've also added my device MAC to static DHCP clients table in my router. 

Directly after reconnect to the Deco mesh WiFi network the problem has disappeared. 

I will continue monitoring how it works further. 

Thanks!

Options
2020-07-05 15:50:22

@Tony 

So after some days of testing, unfortunately, the problem persists and I'm unable to contact to those devices being connected to another mesh AP. It is a strange problem, because it is isolated currently specifically to my phone. 

A PC, other phone,  work fine. However I don't test them as much time, as my phone. 

The only workaround is to reboot an AP connected to those devices, then for some time my phone can connect, but later the problem appears again. 

My phone currently has static IP configuration in the WiFi network settings. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1019

Replies: 3