WiFi keeps disconnecting when using WDS-bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-24 21:14:01
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 171215

Hi!

In our main house we have three Archer C9 and a fourth one in our guest house. One of them are located in the basement of the main house as the main one (DHCP). The one on the first and second floor are configured as APs (same subnet as the main one connected to its LAN-ports with no DHCP activated and with different WiFi-names) and the one in the guest house is also configured as AP but uses WDS-bridge with no AP isolation.

This have worked fine until we upgraded the firmware of the Archers. The problem now is that, when WDS-bridge is activated and connected, our devices get thrown out from the APs WiFi from both the first and second floor (different WiFi-names) in the main house. If we try to connect again nothing happens (connects and disconnects) until we disable the WDS-bridge. It works fine to connect to the WiFi of the main router if the WDS-bridge is enabled.

All Archer C9 have been reseted to default settings with no results, when WDS-bridge are enabled and connected to the wireless AP of the guest house the wired APs on the first and second floor disconnects its WiFi-clients. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:WiFi keeps disconnecting when using WDS-bridge
2020-06-24 22:07:34

@SecretSquirrel 

Might be an IP conflict, make sure none of the C9 units have an assigned IP that resides in the DHCP pool.

If the C9 in the guesthouse is set up to connect to one of the other two APs, configure that instead to connect to the mani router to see if the connection still goes down.

Options
2020-06-25 06:23:09
Thank you! None of the other C9 is in the range of the DHCP-scope. Good idea to try with the WDS-bridge from another one of the routers, I will try this and reply back then!
Options
2020-08-30 09:23:56

@SecretSquirrel

Hi, did you manage to find an answer to this issue?

I have an Archer C9, Hardware V5, Firmware: 190403 and I'm having the same issue. I've tried WDS bridging from two difference sources with the same result. Mine shows symptoms of the router going to sleep and not waking up. If I reboot it, it reconnects OK.

Thanks,

Options
2020-08-30 13:50:37

@GSM1 

Hi!

No, it did not get resolved. I bought myself two UniFi APs instead.

Regards.

Options