App set up can't find new deco unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-27 16:05:13
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Set up first time network last week with 2x AC1300 plus two RE300 plug in extenders. Which work OK, not great. So now I have 3 more RE300 extenders to add to the network but have tried everything and can't get app to find them. Tried right next to the hub. Tried reset button.

Options
3 Reply
Re:App set up can't find new deco unit
2020-06-29 22:33:43

@SAWH 

The Deco app will only recognize Deco units, in this case, the Deco M3W extenders (look exactly like the RE300). If you look at the sticker label of the new devices, and they say RE300 that will not work. The RE300 are just regular wireless extenders so you need to set them up using the Tether app.

Options
2020-06-29 23:10:37

@Tony thanks, after another 12 hours faffing about I discovered the same answer through trial & error. Supplier is claiming it's my error and will not accept return. Even though the description was very misleading. Mmm. Be more careful in future.

Options
2020-06-30 15:12:08

@SAWH 

I am very sorry to hear that.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future so we can help find the appropriate device for you whether here or through our support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 3

Related Articles