Usb Adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Usb Adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Usb Adapters
Usb Adapters
2020-06-27 17:07:24
Model: Archer C8  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: ?

2 things I am trying to accomplish.

First. I am using a Plugable USB3 E1000. Why you may ask? Because as I understand it. There is a way to connect USB to Ethernet.

Why am I doing this? I am trying to hook my Hotspot to router. Laptop thru adapter, (its seen, but how to contact to router page, tried all 192 pages with no success.

A "bridge" was needed from what I have read. Is this Plugable product a "bridge" i am looking for?

Now, wirelessly from computer and mobile (hotspot) made connections and passed into pages on router no problem.

Or, is this a hassle because Verizon Hotspots are only allowed so many connections?

Me and my wife home simple system. Not commercial. All I wanted was to use my hotspot to make one connection.

The other thing is that I cannot contact mobile to networks for uploading and downloading, and surf at the same time using hotspot.

I could use tether(slow to crawl), or wifi(even slower).

Hell, I cant use the adapter, all I get is the adapter mac address. No pages can be seen. 

But is it true that there is a way to do what I am trying to accomplish?

I would appreciate any help on this, maybe it cant be done so I can STOP looking, there are several FAQ that proclaim that it does work with a bridge (?) and thats all I can understand.

PTSD Vet.... needs help...

Sheldon 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Usb Adapters
2020-06-30 17:29:09

@Shellmscott 

The Archer C8 is not able to have an internet connection through the USB port. Now if the Ethernet end is able to provide a network connection it should work. What I would do is wire a computer to do that Ethernet adapter, if that works then the router will work as well. 

I believe some hotspot routers limit connections even Tethering a phone, but if you can wire the WAN port to the adapter, then the C8 would use its capabilities to share the connection with multiple devices. This is assuming the C8 is still operating like a router and using NAT. If you turn the C8 into a repeater or AP, then it is no different then connecting to your hotspot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Related Articles