M9 plus V1 vs V2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M9 plus V1 vs V2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M9 plus V1 vs V2
M9 plus V1 vs V2
2020-06-28 02:42:44

Greetings,

Can someone please point me to the technical differences between V1 and V2 (M9 plus)?

thanks..

Options
4 Reply
Re:M9 plus V1 vs V2
2020-06-28 15:17:01

@Agathian 

This may come out as sounding bitter but I can't think of a better reason. 

V1 is better supported, has more features, gets more firmware updates than their later version (never heard that before).

If you see the product page - they are still marketing V1 - 3 pack. 

Tinfoil theory : 

M9 V1 is somehow the better hardware than V2.

TP Link came out with V2 and figured out something wrong in the hardware and they can't make their software work with it. 

No commit date and endless waiting for V2 firmware to get even the same features as older model is infuriating. 

Can't help but think that they made a bad product and want to roll back to older version and keep ignoring the suckers who bought their 'wrong' version product. 

</rant>

Options
2020-06-29 03:05:33

Thank you  @Desiest..

I just purchased M9plus from costco, less than a month back.... it is very disappointing to hear that V2 firmware is not updated and has less features than V1.

I like it, but dont want to be stuck with some dud without proper support from TP Link.

Can someone from TP Llink please clarify....

Options
2020-06-29 03:35:42

Noticed that there are few other threads here on the subject...

especially this one - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/190038 - seems pretty informative.... refers to a beta release of the V2 firmware truing up to V1 features.  but it seems to be mostly community responses.

it would be helpful to hear official TPLink response on whether V2 is better or inferior to V1... and if they intend to support V2 actively or not

Options
2020-06-29 04:00:26
Thank you so much ! I'll take the beta over no news any day. I've downloaded it and will be updating on router shortly. From what people are saying on that thread, the beta does pretty good job too. Thank you again !
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1052

Replies: 4