Android phone not switching to mobile data (4G) when wifi has not internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Android phone not switching to mobile data (4G) when wifi has not internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-29 03:57:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Since installing my Deco M5 3 pack last week my Android phone is not automatically switching to mobile data when no internet connection is established through the Deco M5s.  My internet goes down from anywhere between a few mins to 30 mins each day so it's important that my phone recognises that and switches to mobile data.  Instead it just remains on wifi but with no signal, which means I can miss important updates for work.  It requires me to switch off wifi in order to use mobile data which is infuriating.  Anyone know how to change this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Android phone not switching to mobile data (4G) when wifi has not internet connection
2020-06-30 20:53:04

@CarlE 

There should be a feature in Android where you can enable the mobile data to always be active which can act as a failsafe.

The Deco has no control over that so you may need to do some searching around.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 1