Where did the Archer AX50/3000 go on the OneMesh device page?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-29 17:38:52 - last edited 2020-08-26 16:48:55
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20200426 rel.65338(4555)

I just bought my shiny new Tp-Link Archer AX50/3000 Wi-Fi 6 router and I am super happy with it so far, it pairs perfectly with my Archer TX3000E.

I noticed however that my signal, especially over 5Ghz is very unpredictable, namely due to the fact that the router is on the other side of the house and there is absolutely no way of running an ethernet cable to my gaming rig.

I am considering buying the RE505X to bridge the gap between my devices to provide a more reliable connection, however, as I got home and set-up my new router, I noticed on the OneMess device page, that the AX50 is no longer there. where did it go? is it no longer receiving OneMess compatibility? Did I make a mistake buying the AX50 over the AX20? If I inspect the Ax50 over the AX20, I see that the AX20 is a later model with a better CPU, but does that really make a diffirence?

I can ask a million question regarding my router right now, but the one I want to ask the most is if it's receiving any OneMesh compatibility or not?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Where did the Archer AX50/3000 go on the OneMesh device page?
2020-06-30 23:01:13

@Malcolm_Kyle 

As of now, there are no definitive plans for OneMesh and the AX50. Like you mentioned the AX10 and AX20 are slated to get the OneMesh firmware.

Options
2020-08-07 03:25:34

@Tony 

I am lost for words.
When I bought the Archer AX50, it was mentioned on your website as one of the products that would get OneMesh! That was the reason I picked your product over a competitor. And now TP-Link has renegged on that promise.

What a trashy way to treat your customers. Rest assured, I will avoid TP-link products next time.

Options
2020-08-11 01:31:51

@Arn_Thor I bought it for WPA3. Now they are saying no. 

Options
2020-08-11 17:23:03

@MKFlyers2K I also bought it for that feature too, but I didn't think too much about is because I have so many wifi 4 devices still on my network...

WHAT THE HELL TP-LINK?

I'm always telling my customers that you guys are the best for networking equipment, if you guys cannot follow up on your promises then I'm just awestruck

Is the only device that I've bought from you guys, that actually works, the TX3000E?

Options
2020-08-13 01:04:03

@Arn_Thor @Tony 

@Tony TP-link needs to look up the term "Promissory Estoppel" and understand how that applies to willful statements made about a products future features to prospective buyers.

In just a short time of previewing this board, I can see the recurring theme from TP.  "Just because we said we were going to do that doesn't mean we're really going to do it".  Be it Mesh or WPA3, 'coming soon' apparently means in TP-speak "maybe we will, maybe we won't".  Indicating in writing and in marketing materials that something is going to be supported, is coming soon, will be updated, etc... these are non-ambiguous statements.  In the State of Massachusetts, advertising in these terms and then not delivering to customers who bought the product is unlawful and we have consumer laws that protect against it.

You cannot hide behind "well, things change...".  You have a choice.  Make a forward-looking statement about features you are adding only when you can commit to it or don't make them at all..  Making those statements are clearly a willful advertisement of future features that sets a reasonable expectation for the consumer.  Sales are driven by these commitments.  You know they are. We know they are.  The TP-Link Marketing and Sales departments KNOWS they are.  This is precisely WHY they release those statements.  These are advertisements to owners and prospective buyers that features they may value ARE 'coming soon', not MIGHT BE 'coming soon'.  These statements are put forward to DRIVE SALES on the promise of future added features.  Failure to fulfill these statements is not only unethical, in some States (in the US), it's illegal behavior and can be punishable as false advertising and opens up the company to easily-won class action lawsuits representing customers that were duped by these unfulfilled promises.  Without question, it is clear grounds for a full refund of the product you promised would be something that it is not, if someone bought the product with those statements made in advance of the purchase.

Think carefully, TP-Link, how you market your products.  You are engaging in false advertising, willful or otherwise.  As a long-time TP-Link user, you've just lost a customer on one drive-by evening of me perusing these boards to see if I could learn a bit more about the AX50 and the AC4000, both of which I had interest in.  Instead, I've learned about TP-Link and why I need to take my business elsewhere.

I expect this post to be deleted because that's what a moderator would do in an effort to bury the bad look.  And burying this post will serve to reinforce my decision and those of others who have chosen to look elsewhere based on false advertisement of future features.

Options
2020-08-21 17:53:40
Honestly I smell a class action suit coming.
Options
2020-08-26 16:48:39

Please reference this post as we wanted to avoid any future issues regarding potential releases:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/224142

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 9330

Replies: 7