Auto-Connect/Auto Disconnect from RE450 as an extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-30 07:20:45
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I use a RE450 as a repeater. However, when I am standing right in front of the repeater with my phone or laptop, I mean right in front with my phone touching the repeater, even when the signal from the main router is at it's lowest, I am not auto switched to the repeater, unless I switch off and switch on the wifi connection of my device.

And when I am within the closest range of the main router, the RE450 signal still holds until I switch off and switch on the wifi connection of the device.

Pls note that this only happens with the RE450, other extenders within my property auto connect and auto disconnects when within or out of range and connects to the closest.

Can you help me with the issue with the RE450?, I am close to dumping it!.

Thanks.

--- CosaNostra
Options
1 Reply
Re:Auto-Connect/Auto Disconnect from RE450 as an extender
2020-07-01 17:08:32 - last edited 2020-07-01 17:14:51

@CosaNostra 

What you describe has nothing to do with the extender or the router. What network your phone connects to is up to the phone itself. Only networks that utilize mesh protocols (802.11k/v/r) are able to tell the client device what network to connect to. A router or an extender does not do that.

I would recommend making the SSID of the extender different from the router so you know which network you are connecting to.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 780

Replies: 1

Related Articles