Deco X60, powerline adapter, VOIP phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-30 22:26:25
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just set up a Deco X60 network. Topology right now is simple: Verizon FiOS modem --> main Deco port 1 --> secondary nodes. From main Deco port 2 I have an ethernet cable running to a powerline adapter; elsewhere in the house a matching powerline adapter has an ethernet cable running to a VOIP phone. The VOIP phone has been down since we installed the network.

I suspect I've done something incorrectly. Should I have placed a secondary Deco next to the VOIP phone and run an ethernet cable from the secondary Deco to the VOIP phone?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X60, powerline adapter, VOIP phone
2020-07-01 18:00:07

@steelpot 

The first node operates just like a typical router so if you are not having a network connection, disconnect the VOIP phone from the second node, and connect a computer.

If the computer does not have a network connection move to the first powerline node. If that has another Ethernet port, wire directly to that port and see if you have internet. If you still do not have internet, steal the cable from the first powerline node and test that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 897

Replies: 1