No admin access to working Archer A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-30 22:55:41
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: unknown

I have an A7 attached to a cable modem on the WAN port. WiFi works fine. I can connect to the A7 and get to the internet. So the WAN side of the A7 is connected.

But I can't connect to the A7 itself. I have the Tether app. It shows the "cloud device" offline! The phone is connected to the A7, and shows it as a local device. It fails to connect to the local device, with a message about unstable network or parental controls.

And trying web access doesn't work. Which means the tplinkwifi.net doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:No admin access to working Archer A7
2020-07-01 18:20:08

@Sean_Darcy 

Connect to the A7, and look at the network information of the phone. See what your IP address is or see what the gateway address is showing.

Once you have that, open your phone browser, not Tether. and enter the IP address, not the URL, see if you get a login page. If the login asks you for your TP-Link ID password enter that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 726

Replies: 1

Related Articles