Kasa Smart Switches/Plugs STILL not supported as IFTTT "triggers" ("this's") over 3 years later!!!

Kasa Smart Switches/Plugs STILL not supported as IFTTT "triggers" ("this's") over 3 years later!!!
2020-06-30 23:16:24 - last edited 2020-07-01 03:09:49
Model: HS200
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

In 2017, TP-Link announced support for Kasa in IFTTT's, but only as "actions" (or "that's"). At the time, it was promised that "triggers" would be added in the future. Well, it's been 3 years, so "in the future" has come and gone. Other competing switches, such as Wemo, do support "triggers" in IFTTT. You can do a little in Kasa with Smart Actions, but you cannot create actions for devices that are not in Kasa. I call upon others here to support me in requesting that TP-Link commit to supporting IFTTT triggers, as they said they would, and give us a timetable for their implementation. Thanks!

Options
4 Replies
Re:Kasa Smart Switches/Plugs STILL not supported as IFTTT "triggers" ("this's") over 3 years later!!!
2020-07-01 00:31:04
I agree this is incredibly frustrating and I do not understand why this feature hasn't been added.
Options
Re:Kasa Smart Switches/Plugs STILL not supported as IFTTT "triggers" ("this's") over 3 years later!!!
2020-07-13 07:00:47
👍
Options
2020-11-02 21:51:25

@pbanders Agreed. Such an obvious and useful trigger!

Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@pbanders Is this the reason that my HS200 switch when manually pressed doesn't update smartthings even though the apps are linked?  I'm looking for answers...

Options