Powerline Mesh P9 power

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline Mesh P9 power

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline Mesh P9 power
Powerline Mesh P9 power
2020-07-02 18:30:10
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build20200513 Rel. 52023

Is there any detrimental effect to powerline backhaul if I plug the P9 units into a surge protector strip, extension cord, etc as opposed to plugging them diorectly into the wall outlet?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline Mesh P9 power
2020-07-02 22:12:00

@PDXJD 

The P9 will probably not utilize the powerline backhaul and just stick with the Wi-Fi backhaul due to the surge protector. So they will pretty much work as if they were M5s.

Options
Re:Powerline Mesh P9 power
2020-08-13 02:46:09

@PDXJD I couldn't find the link again, but when I was researching this I found an article show technical electrical things I kind of understand that showed how surge suppressors can block the frequency that powerline runs at, and I found articles that said it might work but performance would be impacted to varying degrees.  It sounds like it depends on how a particular surge suppressor works.  I had a small APC battery backup surge suppressor and a heavy-duty one I took from a datacenter we shut down and the P9 wouldn't work on either of them.  I'm in an older house/apartment so I'm plugged straight into the wall to get maximum performance until I can get the landlord to let me make some holes in the floor to run ethernet through the basement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1187

Replies: 2

Related Articles