Deco M5 - Base unit give 300MBPS but other units lose speed to 100 MBPS.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-04 11:03:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two issues/questions,

1. Base unit gives me 300 mbps speed (what my ISP promises) but the other deco units lose speed to almost 120 mbps. Is there a way to check if I need to put more deco units or whats the optimum distance between 2 units?

2. All the satellite deco units connect to the main deco unit. Why doesn't it connect to the nearest deco unit?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - Base unit give 300MBPS but other units lose speed to 100 MBPS.
2020-07-07 17:52:38

@abhisheknandy 

Here is an article we have that gives tips on placing the Deco in a good area: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1446

The Deco will look to see which is the better connection so even if the other slave is closer the main may still be a better connection.

Options
Re:Deco M5 - Base unit give 300MBPS but other units lose speed to 100 MBPS.
2020-07-10 18:02:46
Thanks... I have a feeling I'm going to have to factory reset my system and start again. I purchased a 4th M5 unit to see if it solves the speed and connectivity issues I have been experiencing. But I am honestly not sure if adding another unit might make things worse if there are too many nodes available, and my phone or laptop might be more confused.
Options